Anniversary Celebration Packages
Celebrate those years together!
Ultimate Pure Romance Package
Create a romantic Costa Rica vacation that the two of you will never forget!
Costa Rica Wedding Package
Plan your special day with one of our unqiue wedding packages!
Save 25% in our Green Season!
Valid for travel May 1- Jun 12 and Sep 1 - Nov 15 2015
Save 10% on Early Bird Bookings for 2016!
Valid for travel Jan. 6, 2016 - Dec. 16, 2016
Costa Rica Dive Resorts
Explore The Crystalline Waters Of Our Costa Rica Dive Resort
We invite you to enjoy our world of underwater adventure. Just offshore from Flamingo Beach, the Catalina Islands are considered among the most attractive dive sites in Costa Rica. It is an area where divers often find themselves surrounded by large schools of colorful fish.
The rock and coral formations are home to a spectacular variety of marine life from nudibranchs to sharks, with angel fish, jacks, snappers, grunts, octopus and eels in between.
There are several dive spots with depths ranging from 40 ft. to more than 100 ft. Visibility depends upon weather patterns as well as the levels of plankton and nutrients. It varies from 20 ft. to 100 ft., with an average of 45 ft. approximately.
Located adjacent to the resort pool, our PADI dive center provides convenient diving and excellent customer service. Our team invites you to have the dive vacation you deserve with warm weather, incredible marine life, and spectacular adventure activities. Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa is a PADI Dive Resort through our partnership with Tam Travel & Aqua Center Diving with the option to offer SSI and NAUI certification courses.
For more information on special diving rates for guests of Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa contact us by phone at (506) 2654-4444 or E-mail at email@example.com
Our daily schedule are morning and afternoon 2-tank boat dives. For the morning trip, the boat leaves Potrero Bay at 7:45 am, and for the afternoon trip, at 1:30 pm. After a 20 minute ride you have the opportunity to explore the first underwater site of the day. Afterwards, a surface interval followed by a second great dive, and then back to the hotel.
Our boats, Fun Fisher II (37') and Aqualand (40') are fully equipped with fresh water, radio, oxygen, and emergency equipment, the boats are operated by certified experienced and friendly professionals.
Scuba - Catalina Islands
SPECIAL SCUBA PRICING E XCLUSIVELY FOR FLAMINGO BEACH RESORT GUESTS
Dive the Catalinas Islands - Two tank dives per day.
Morning boat dives (7:30 am to 12:00 pm). PADI instructors and dive masters leading, and supervising your dives. Snacks, water and soft drinks on board.
- $100.00 per person: Includes: 2-tank dives, including your BCD, regulato, mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, weights, and weight belt.
- $90.00 per person: 2-tank dives with weights and weight belt.
Do you want to enjoy more than one day of diving?
- 2 days Catalina Islands (2 tanks per day) - $100.00 per person per day
- 3 days Catalina Islands (2 tanks per day) - $95.00 per person per day
- 4 days Catalina Islands (2 tanks per day) - $95.00 per person per day
- 5 days Catalina Islands (2 tanks per day) - $90.00 per person per day
Note: All above rates are for a two person minimum per reservation.
DISCOVER SCUBA DRIVING RESORT COURSE
Discover Scuba Diving Resort Course. Try it, you’ll love it! The resort Course for beginners consists of one pool training session taught by a certified PADI instructor followed by an open water ocean dive trip also directly supervised and conducted by certified PADI instructors. The experience program is an introduction to scuba diving and is not a certification course.
Prerequisites: Minimum age: 12 years old. Participants older than 50 years old should bring a doctors certificate stating that they are in good health for scuba diving. Parents of children age 12-17 years old must sign a waiver form and medical form. All answers regarding health issues on the PADI Medical Questionnaire must be answered “NO” or a doctor’s certificate might be required. An appointment with a local doctor can be arranged at your own convenience and expense.
A pool session is mandatory for all students, even for those who have already participated in a DSD program before. Students should pass all underwater skills in the pool to be able to dive in the ocean. The ocean dive maximum depth is 30/40 ft.
- $150.00 per person - Includes 2 dives - This is a dive experience program and includes a pool session (1 hour) and two boat dives. It is an experience program and not a certification course.
- $365.00 per person – This is a 3 day course with 3 pool sessions, 3 theory modules and 2 open water dives. The student receives a dive card limited to dives up to 40 ft. under direct supervision of a dive professional. This is a shorter course for people with limited vacation time. Later, on your next vacation you can take the next two modules and upgrade to an open water dive card. This course includes a dive manual and dive table.
- $520.00 + 40.00 (Libros) - Open Water Certification Course: This is a 5 day course. It includes all 5 modules of theory, 5 pool sessions and 4 open water dives. The student receives an open water diver card. Also includes a dive manual and dive table.
- $420.00 - Referral Dives: This is a program for those divers that took their theory and pool sessions elsewhere. It is a great way to complete your open water training. This option includes the 4 open water check out dives, equipment, and your open water dive card.
Discover the beauty of our beaches, rock formations and interesting sites. It is easy, just put on your snorkeling gear, relax and experience another world. A great opportunity to learn, combine the fun with fish identification, and even some creature interaction. Snorkeling is available from shore or boat.
- $65.00 per person. Boat Snorkeling Adventure. Includes your mask, fins, and snorkel. Have your own equipment? If you do not require any snorkeling equipment the cost is $55.00 per person.
General description of the different islands
The Catalinas Islands are a group of different volcanic rock formations that emerge to the surface off the Flamingo Bay providing the special setting for our abundant marine life. Huge manta rays, white tip reef sharks, spotted eagle rays, devil rays, schools of cow nose rays as well as schools of jacks and grunts are among the most common species that dives usually spot in our rich waters.
The bottom is mostly volcanic and the average maximum depth is 70-80 feet. Visibility, currents and conditions in general tend to change every day.
- Punta Norte: Schools of rays and jacks, Mantas - 70-80 feet
- Punta Sur: Spotted Eagle Rays, tropical fish Mantas
- Shark Alley: White tip reef sharks. Mantas, Cow nose rays
- The Reef: Moray eels, octopus, tropical fish
- Dirty Rock : Big schools of angelfish, barber fish and damsel fish. Mantas 70-80ft
- The Elephant: White tip reef sharks, schools of grunts, moray eels. Parrot fish 70-80ft
- Sombreros: Soft corals, variety of rays and schools of surgeon fish. Devil rays. 50-60ft
- The Oven: Beautiful wall covered with soft corals, octopus, moray eels Puffers. 60-70ft
- Dangerous: Big schools of grunts and angel fish, porkfish, trigger fish. Morays 70-80ft
- Chimchurri: Variety of puffers, sharks, trumpet fish, Moorish idols, triggers. 60-70ft
SHALLOW DIVE SITES
Closer to shore there's a number of interesting shallow sites that present more coral growth in beautiful colors such as green, yellow and brown. The average maximum depth here is 40-50 feet and marine life is very colorful and tropical. Puffers and porcupine fish are very abundant.
Escape to Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa on Playa Flamingo for a truly exceptional Costa Rica dive vacation . This exotic destination blends the tranquility of an unspoiled tropical paradise, an extensive array of leisure pursuits, and a rich, colorful culture. Book your reservations online today for our preferred rates.
Ready to Book a Scuba Package?
Booking your Costa Rica Scuba Diving Vacation is a tropical breeze! Simply book one of our hotel packages below and once completed, your reservation is sent to our dive center. A staff member will contact you within 48 hours to reserve your unique, customized scuba diving experience.
Hotel Rooms: Book Here
Breakfast Plan: This package includes your room and a full American breakfast daily.
All Inclusive: Plan This package includes your room, 3 meals daily, and unlimited house brand beverages and spirits
Are You A Dive Group Leader? We Offer Special Packages Just For Dive Groups.
For a customized group quote click here
Escape to the intimate Flamingo Beach Resort on Playa Flamingo for a truly exceptional Costa Rica dive vacation . This exotic destination blends the tranquility of an unspoiled tropical paradise, an extensive array of leisure pursuits, and a rich, colorful culture. Book your reservations online today for our preferred rates.