Anniversary Celebration Packages
Celebrate those years together!
Ultimate Pure Romance Package
Create a romantic Costa Rica vacation that the two of you will never forget!
Costa Rica Wedding Package
Plan your special day with one of our unqiue wedding packages!
Save 25% in our Green Season!
Valid for travel May 1- Jun 12 and Sep 1 - Nov 15 2015
Save 10% on Early Bird Bookings for 2016!
Valid for travel Jan. 6, 2016 - Dec. 16, 2016
Costa Rica Dive Resorts
Explore The Crystalline Waters Of Our Costa Rica Dive Resort
We invite you to enjoy our world of underwater adventure. Just offshore from Flamingo Beach, the previously mentioned Catalina Islands are considered among the most attractive dive sites in Costa Rica. It is an area where divers often find themselves surrounded by manta rays, stingrays and large schools of colorful fish.
The underwater formations of the islands provide a habitat for a spectacular variety of marine life from nudibranchs to sharks, with angelfish, jacks, snappers, grunts, octopus and eels in between.
There are several dive sites with depths ranging from 40ft to more than 100ft and visibility depends on weather patterns as well as the levels of plankton and nutrients present in the water. Water temperature in Costa Rica is variable and around the Pacific North Coast it tends to be highest during May - October around 30 - 32C and lowest during December - March around 20C.
Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa is a PADI dive resort and through our partnership with Aqua Center Diving we offer introductory PADI scuba experiences (Resort Course) and PADI dive courses for all levels, not to mention daily dive trips for certified divers. Also, if you have completed a portion of a course already, our instructors can finish it with you here with our Referral Program.
Located adjacent to the resort pool, our PADI dive center provides excellent customer service and the scuba instructors there are happy to help you with all your questions and concerns. Our team invites you to have the dive vacation you deserve with beautiful, warm weather, incredible marine life and spectacular aquatic activities.
For more information on special diving rates for guests of Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa contact us by phone at (506) 8877-7420 or e-mail email@example.com .
Our daily schedule includes morning and afternoon 2-tank boat dives. For the morning trip guests are picked up from the lobby of the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa at 7:30am, taken to Aqua Center Diving headquarters with the dive boat leaving at 7:45am. Within 15-20min, we arrive at the Catalina Islands and you have the opportunity to explore the first of the two dive sites. After the first dive, relax and have drinks and snacks during the 30-40min surface interval; the second dive will follow and you are back to the hotel by lunchtime, around 11:30am-12:00pm. For the afternoon trip, guests are picked up at 1:00pm and the boat leaves at 1:15pm. After diving, the dive boat returns to the beach and you are back in the hotel by around 4pm.
Our boats, Aqua Song (38') and Aqualand (40') are fully equipped with fresh water, radio, oxygen, life jackets and emergency equipment and are operated by their Captain and Deckhand who are certified, experienced and friendly professionals. Certified PADI dive instructors, dive masters and guides are trained in Emergency First Response and can expertly deal with any type of dive emergency.
For more information on special diving rates for guests of Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa contact us by phone at 011 (506) 8877-7420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Scuba - Catalina Islands
SPECIAL SCUBA PRICING EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLAMINGO BEACH RESORT & SPA GUESTS
Diving the Catalina Islands is best in the morning; our 2-tank morning boat dives (7:30am - 12:00 pm) are lead by PADI instructors and dive masters. Snacks, water and soft drinks are available on board.
- $100.00 per person – Includes: 2-tank dives and rental of full dive kit (BCD, regulator, mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, weights, and weight belt)
- $90.00 per person – Includes: 2-tank dives with weights and weight belt.
Do you want to enjoy more than one day of diving? Please contact us at email@example.com , let us know how many days you wish to dive and we will design a package according to your needs.
DISCOVER DIVING - FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER GONE DIVING BEFORE
Discover Scuba Diving Resort course
Have you always been curious about scuba diving? Try it, you might just love it! This Resort course for beginners consists of a brief introduction to scuba explained to you by a certified PADI instructor and one pool training session taught by the same instructor. Once the knowledge has been developed and underwater skills mastered, an afternoon dive outing follows with two dives in a calm open water environment (maximum depth 30/40ft) where you can see all sorts of amazing marine life; these dives are conducted and directly supervised by our dive instructors. This Resort course is simply a relaxed, introductory experience and not a certification course. You are in the experienced hands of our professional dive operator, Aqua Center diving.
The pool training session is mandatory for all students, even those who have already participated in any kind of introductory scuba program.
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Participants over the age of 50 years should bring a doctor’s certificate stating that they are in good health and fit for scuba diving.
- Parents of children age 10 -21 years will be required to sign a waiver and medical form on behalf of their children.
- All answers regarding health issues on the PADI Medical Questionnaire must be answered “NO” or a doctor’s certificate may be required. An appointment with a local doctor can be arranged at your own convenience and expense.
BECOME A DIVER - ADVANCING DIVER KNOWLEDGE
Certification courses offered
- Scuba Diver Certification course – A 3 day course with 3 pool sessions, 3 theory modules and 2 open water dives. The student will receive a certification dive card and is allowed to dive to a maximum depth of 40ft, under direct supervision of a dive professional. It is a shorter course for people with limited vacation time. At a later date, it is possible take the next two modules and upgrade to an "Open Water Diver" certification level. Includes manual and dive table.
- open Water Certification course - A 5 day course which includes all 5 modules of theory, 5 pool sessions and 4 open water dives. The student will receive an Open Water Diver certification card and is allowed to dive to a maximum depth of 60ft without professional supervision. Includes manual and dive table.
- Referral Dives - A program for those who have previously completed the theory and pool sessions back home. It is a great way to complete their open water training. It includes 4 open water dives, equipment, and the certification card.
FOR OTHER WATER-LOVERS
Discover the beauty of our beaches, rock formations and spectacular sites. It’s easy! Just put on your snorkeling gear, relax and experience another world beneath the surface of the Pacific Ocean. It is an activity for all ages, and a great opportunity to learn, combine having fun with identifying different fish species, and sometimes even experience some creature interaction. Snorkeling is available from shore or boat and prices can vary if you bring your own equipment.
What to expect?
CATALINA ISLANDS - The Catalina Islands are a group of unique volcanic rock formations that provide the special setting for our abundant marine life. Huge manta rays, white tip reef sharks, spotted eagle rays and devil rays frequent the islands; schools of jacks and grunts are among the most common species that divers spot in our rich waters.
The bottom is mostly volcanic and the average maximum depth is 70-80 feet. Visibility, currents and conditions in general tend to change every day.
OUR FAVORITE LOCAL DIVE SITES
- Dirty Rock, 70 – 80ft - Big schools of angelfish, barber fish and damsel fish, moray eels, nudibranchs and sometimes giant mantas and turtles
- Elephant, 70 – 80ft - White tip reef sharks, schools of grunts, moray eels, parrot fish, turtles
- Sombrero, 50 – 60ft - Soft corals, a variety of rays, white tip reef sharks, devil rays and schools of surgeon fish
- Cupcake, 60 – 70ft - Beautiful wall covered with soft corals, octopus, moray eels, puffers
- Four Rocks, 60 – 70ft - A variety of puffers, trigger fish, damsel fish, moray eels
- Plata, 50 – 60ft - moray eels, a variety of puffers, damsel fish
SHALLOW DIVE SITES
Closer to shore there are a number of interesting shallow sites that present more coral growth in beautiful colors such as green, yellow and copper. The maximum depth here is 40-50ft and marine life is very colorful and tropical; puffers and porcupine fish are very abundant and curious.
Escape to Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa on Playa Flamingo for a truly exceptional Costa Rica dive vacation. This exotic destination blends the tranquility of an unspoiled tropical paradise, an extensive array of leisure pursuits, and a rich, colorful culture. Book your reservations online today for our preferred rates.
Ready to Book a Scuba Package?
Booking your Costa Rica Scuba Diving Vacation is a tropical breeze! Simply book one of our hotel packages below and once completed, your reservation is sent to our dive center. A staff member will contact you within 48 hours to reserve your unique, customized scuba diving experience.
Hotel Rooms: Book Here
Breakfast Plan:This package includes your room and a full American breakfast daily. Dive pricing is not included here but you can contact our dive operator, Aqua Center Diving, and a unique, personalized dive schedule will be organized for you. You will be contacted within 48 hours to confirm your customized scuba adventure through Aqua Center. Once you have been contacted and have selected your desired diving options, your diving schedule will be confirmed and you will pay for your diving options upon arrival to the resort.
All Inclusive:Plan This package includes your room, 3 meals daily, and unlimited house brand beverages and spirits. Dive pricing is not included here but you can contact our dive operator, Aqua Center Diving, and a unique, personalized dive schedule will be organized for you. You will be contacted within 48 hours to confirm your customized scuba adventure through Aqua Center. Once you have been contacted and have selected your desired diving options, your diving schedule will be confirmed and you will pay for your diving options upon arrival to the resort.
For more dive specific information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You A Dive Group Leader? We Offer Special Packages Just For Dive Groups.
For a customized group quote click here
Escape to the intimate Flamingo Beach Resort on Playa Flamingo for a truly exceptional Costa Rica dive vacation . This exotic destination blends the tranquility of an unspoiled tropical paradise, an extensive array of leisure pursuits, and a rich, colorful culture. Book your reservations online today for our preferred rates.