A Precious Jewel Among Costa Rica Beach Resorts
Most of Costa Rica's shore is lined with beaches, but few are as beautiful as Flamingo Beach - designated a Blue Flag ecological beach, with its pristine powdery sands stretching along the Gold Coast. The low-rise Spanish style architecture and stunning tropical setting of our Costa Rica beach hotel, Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, set the tone for an unforgettable visit. Renowned for its
world-class sports fishing
, rich, natural setting, and
variety of recreational opportunities
, Flamingo Beach is an extraordinary destination. Step into a world of azure waters, gorgeous marine life, and an abundance of water sports, which combine for an unforgettable Costa Rica beach resort vacation. The exquisite beauty and remarkable resources of Flamingo Beach include:
- Miles of pristine, sugar-white sands safe, for swimming and surfing
- Full-service marina, offering an abundance of water sport activities
- World-class deep-sea fishing, for marlin, tuna, sailfish, and dorado
- Safe scuba diving, snorkeling, and surfing, with equipment available
Click here to learn more about Costa Rica Trips & Tourist Attractions.
Other Enchanting Beaches Near Our Costa Rica Beach Hotel
Costa Rica possesses an amazing shoreline, bordered by miles of gorgeous beaches with the most opulent located in the dry, sunny province of Guanacaste.
Our majestic Costa Rica beach hotel resort is conveniently located near the most outstanding beaches along the North Pacific Coast. Wander for miles along remote, expansive stretches of pristine sands. Or snorkel and picnic at a private cove bordered by rocky headlands. Each is ideal for sun worshippers and sports lovers. Observe endangered leatherback turtles crawling ashore en masse to nest at Playa Grande, or pick out the crocodiles sheltered in the mangroves near Playa Naranjo. During your next Cost Rica beach vacation, the attractions of our region's most spectacular beaches await you, including: Deluxe Overnight Accommodations
- Playa Potrero (0.6 miles) -- A long, pristine beach bordering a quiet gorgeous bay that's excellent for swimming. It's a favorite with locals and visitors as well as yachters and fishermen.
- Playa Brasilito (3 miles) -- A scenic beach with gentle surf and gray sands. It's located near a sleepy, fishing village, with quaint shops just a 10-minute walk from Playa Conchal.
- Playa Pan de Azucar (4.4 miles) -- “Sugar Beach” is a small beach that's not as secluded as many of the other beaches. However, it's noted for its exceptionally beautiful white sand.
- Playa Conchal (5 miles) -- “Shell Beach ”is a beautiful, secluded, snow-white beach composed of billions of tiny seashells. It's known for strong riptides and turquoise waters.
- Playa Grande (12.5 miles) -- This is Costa Rica's most important nesting site for leatherback turtles. This long, scalloped beach of coral-gray sands is also a famed surfing destination.
- Playa Tamarindo (16 miles) - This is part of a bay formed by a cape with some rock-reef breaks. It's easily accessible, quite developed, and offers a variety of water sports activities.
- Playa Langosa (17 miles) - Playa Langosa has a rocky shoreline with pockets of sandy beach just south of Tamarindo. It's known for amazing surfing and a gorgeous beachfront.
- Playa La Penca (36 miles) -- A small, deserted Blue Flag beach, with clear sands and relatively rough waves - a perfect escape. A nearby estuary and mangrove swamp add to its exotic allure.
- Playa Coco (38 miles) -- A dark, sandy beach with strong waves that entice surfers. It's popular, easily accessible, and has boats to nearby Catalinas and Murcielago Islands.
- Playa Ocotal (45 miles) -- A calm, sandy beach that is less than one third of a mile long. The waters are clear, making it a popular place to snorkel and enjoy a variety of water sports.
- Playa Hermosa (46 miles) -- A long, grey, sandy beach with crystal-blue waters ideal for scuba diving and snorkeling. Its gorgeous scenery and lush surroundings make it very popular.
- Playa Junquillal (52.5 miles) -- A pristine sandy beach backed by grasslands and surrounded by lush vegetation. The low shore breakers make it better for surfing than swimming.
- Playa Ostional (56 miles) - This is part of the national wildlife refuge. It's one of nine beaches worldwide where endangered Pacific Ridley Turtles crawl ashore in masses to nest.
- Playa Nosaro (61 miles) -- Popular among surfers because of its strong waves.
Click here for more about Costa Rica Activities & Fun Things To Do.
Escape to the intimate Flamingo Beach Resort on Playa Flamingo for a truly exceptional resort vacation. This exotic destination blends the tranquility of an unspoiled tropical paradise, an extensive array of leisure pursuits, and a rich, colorful culture.
Book your Costa Rica vacation special online today for our preferred rates.